North London Food & Culture

Community

Art

Gallery Watch: Leighton Space, Liminal & Guts For Garters

Another week, another gallery or three. But it’s nice to see this one opening outside the West Kentish Town ghetto and in the previously artistically-untapped …

Community

Smile?

No feature today as the Kentishtowner chien was brutally attacked (not in the manor thank god) by rottweilers a few days ago. After open heart …

Art

‘The Value Of Things’: starts Saturday

A few weeks ago artist Claire Hind asked us to mention The Value Of Things, her new pop-up exhibition at the Parlour Gallery on Queen’s …

Art

A shout out to local artists…

Artist Claire Elizabeth Hind emailed us yesterday asking if we could put a call out to any local artists who might be interested in exhibiting …

Community

Oink: Kentish Town City Farm

If you’ve never been – and I bet that’s a few of you – you’ll be surprised how nice it is: sheep grazing in a …

Community

Why move Peter Stevens’ bench?

A few years ago I used to write a blog and Time Out column on the stories behind London’s memorial benches. Of the dozens covered, …

Community

It’s a new year still, isn’t it?

It’s nice, at the start of the year, feeling that you can do anything. And weirdly the recent slew of celebrity deaths – Postlethwaite, Karn, …

Art

Check into the Institute Of Kentish Town

A brief second entry today to plug this excellently-named 5 day pop-up exhibition at the Parlour Gallery, Queen’s Crescent. Its mission? To “gather information through …

About Kentishtowner

The award-winning print and online title Kentishtowner was founded in 2010 and is part of London Belongs To Me, a citywide network of travel guides for locals. For more info on what we write about and why, see our About section.