North London Food & Culture

Community

Books

Community Pinboard: A Kentish Town boundary?

1. Why West Kentish Town Matters No Talacre (Kentish Town’s much-fought over ‘Green’)? No Kentish Town City Farm? On Tuesday we attended the first Kentish …

Community

NESTA Award The Kentishtowner ‘Destination Local’ Funding

We won! Regular readers will know that in May we applied to NESTA, the innovations charity, for one of 10 available grants to fund the …

Art

Community Pinboard: Vintage Fair, Free Arty Parties and Have Your Say about K-Town

1. Tell People What You Want From Kentish Town Got an opinion or two about the manor? A bunch of folk are trying to create …

Community

Community Pinboard: Bubbles, Benches, Bargains

1. Drink in a Highly Elegant Pub Interior. We were pleased to hear Duncan from The Stag had just taken over The Star, a hidden …

Community

Community Pinboard: Rankin Photo Comp, Free Bike Fix, Luxury Flats

The jungle drums beat loud and fast in the Twitter era, so here are the best titbits of gossip to be spread liberally about this …

Community

Why It Matters: Dog on dog attacks – how’s Pepper?

This week DEFRA close their consultation on ‘irresponsible dog ownership’ (scroll down for the points in full). So, with it being nearly two months since …

Art

Community Pinboard: Street Feast abandons Brick Lane for K-Town

Things we have learnt this week? Some of you call it Katy. Some Kenny T. Others K-Town. One lone girl prefers Norf Weesy. And K-Town …

Art

Community Pinboard: Jazz, Royals, Art, Booze

June 1st today. Time, the enemy, eats away at the biscuit, eh? Anyway, here are some things to consider this long weekend: 1. Soak up …

Community

Community Pinboard: A new Grafton Arms and the Alma Street Fair 2012

Last week’s inaugural Community Pinboard was a H.I.T. We had thousands of views so keep posting your suggestions on our Facebook or comments section below, …

Community

Life Tips special: Green Your Gaff with Jon Cowdrill

I’m Jon, The Kentishtowner’s new Green Home Guru. Over the next few months I hope to save you some cash – and make your home …

About Kentishtowner

The award-winning print and online title Kentishtowner was founded in 2010 and is part of London Belongs To Me, a citywide network of travel guides for locals. For more info on what we write about and why, see our About section.