North London Food & Culture

Community

Community

Renee Butland (1913-2012): A True Kentishtowner

If anyone deserved the title of Ich Bin Kentishtowner, it was Irene Butland, probably Kentish Town’s oldest and longest resident. Irene lived in the same …

Books

Community Pinboard: Green-fingered Poetry, Dance Around The World – and a Reader Warning

1. Get Out of the Garden and into the Pub. We haven’t been to the Colonel Fawcett – formerly one of our favourite openings this …

Art

Community Pinboard: More Relaunches & A Dose of Art Too

1. The Rebirth Of What? As the race to attract the, er, post-Soho House pound quickens, two major landmarks are set to be reinvented in …

Community

In Pictures: The Grafton NW5 launch

Friday’s Grafton launch was a packed affair with punters (and the odd celebrity) crammed around either the elegantly restored horseshoe bar, now shinily tiled, or …

Community

Why It Matters: Camden Civic Society

I went down a few blind alleys before coming to the conclusion that if you don’t look after your own back yard no-one else will …

Art

Community Pinboard: New Stuff for Autumn

1.Delicious Font Alert. Yes, the soon-to-open artisan cafe on Prince Of Wales Road (Wilkin Street Mews) is displaying some Times New Roman (traced in paint, …

Community

Why It Matters: Boris Bikes for NW5

Whether having a ‘trust me, you can go left here’ argument with a mini-cab driver on a Friday night, or a ‘quickest way to the …

Community

Community Pinboard: Giles Set To Spill the Beans! Plus Grafton Soft-launch & Brewery’s winter plans revealed

1. The Grafton Finally Opens (Softly) Tomorrow. Says co-owner Susie: ‘Folks can come down for a sneaky peek ahead of official launch on 28th (although …

Community

Community Pinboard: Local Music Special (plus lots of food & booze, of course)

This week we thought we’d zero in on the rude health of local music scene. So we’ve plucked out some choice highlights, which sit alongside …

Community

Lady Somerset Road Street Party 2012 in Pictures

Local luminaries proliferated at the sun-drenched annual bash

About Kentishtowner

The award-winning print and online title Kentishtowner was founded in 2010 and is part of London Belongs To Me, a citywide network of travel guides for locals. For more info on what we write about and why, see our About section.