1. Her UpstairsIn an age of LGBT bar closures, this intimate drag venue, with its hilarious, lippy performers, is all the more welcome. Read our full review here. 18 Kentish Town Rd NW5
2. Arbour CaféThis sun-trap greenhouse, packed with palms and ferns, is a top choice for superior coffee and toasties. Read our review here. Boma garden store, 51-53 Islip St NW5
3. DiverseAn acclaimed Upper Street ladieswear boutique moved into NW5 to cheers from locals. Read our interview with founder Saskia here. 148 Fortess Rd NW5
4. Jessica De LotzThe award-winning jeweller has opened a fascinating store and workshop. Read our interview with owner Jessica here. 49 Fortess Rd NW5
5. Pizzeria di CamdenThis new canalside stone-baked pizza is one of our top discoveries of the year. Read our review here. 195 Royal College St NW1
6. ButchiesThe most tender fried buttermilk chicken we’ve tasted is available from this Camden Market hatch. Read more here.
7. Natural Food StoreA useful addition to the stretch near The Abbey pub – and a winning combo of organic groceries, wine and café with terrace for warmer weather. Read our review here.136 Kentish Town Rd NW1
8. KERBThirty-five of London’s best streetfood traders are now perusable right by the water. Just dodge the crowds. Read our review here. Camden Lock Place
9. Nice Green CaféFresh-cooked breakfasts, lunches and cakes by day with ace nightly schedule of events, from supper clubs to yoga. Read more here. 53 Fortess Rd NW5
10. KenFishTownTasty, punning cod and chips from an outlet that has sold it for decades. Read our review here. 385 Kentish Town Rd NW5
Where’s the new Patron deli? Lazy Hunter? Laksa Kitchen? Why, they’re all in our Top 10 Food & Drink 2016 chart here.
More you might like