onning high visibility vests, we had a cheeky snoop around Kentish Town’s foremost Grade II-listed building site this morning.
Since the Bull & Gate closed back in 2013 its future as a pub has hung in the balance while battles to reopen it have raged on.
Thankfully, new owners Young’s did finally get the go-ahead to start renovations, and are now on track to reopen in early April.
We snapped a few photos of the work-in-progress, guided by new manager Rebecca Davidson who, until last week, ran Parkway favourite the Spread Eagle.
So now, without further ado, we can reveal 10 things about the new Bull & Gate to make you gawp. A bit.
1. It’s absolutely bleedin’ mahoosive
2.The plush new dining room is going to seat 70 people
3. And yes, the former ‘toilet venue’ will be flooded with natural light
4. Chin chin! A new cocktail bar is being unveiled upstairs
5. And the new stairwell will boast Kentish Town’s biggest chandelier
6. No roof terrace (sad face), but the view from upstairs is still lovely
7. Never fear, the original features are going to be rightly celebrated
8. And Victorian details are being uncovered left, right and centre
9. Isn’t the outside scrubbing up well?
10. And finally, live music will return to the Bull & Gate – just not as you know it
This is box title
The Bull & Gate reopens on April 10th. 389 Kentish Town Road. Find out more info on @bullandgatenw5 or via their website